Positive Behavioural Support Competence Framework
The UK Positive Behavioural Support (PBS) Competence Framework provides a detailed framework of the things that you need to know and the things that you need to do when delivering best practice PBS to people with learning disabilities who are at risk of behaviour that challenges. The objectives of the framework are that:
- More individuals with learning disabilities and behaviours that challenge will benefit from high-quality, evidence-based support delivered by competent professionals working as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Practitioners will benefit from professional development and occupational standards.
- Organisations supporting individuals with learning disabilities and behaviours that challenge will be able to employ practitioners with a greater degree of certainty about competence and quality.
- Commissioners will have a greater understanding of the nature and use of PBS in practice.
- Practice based research will contribute to the growing evidence base for PBS.
In order to support the implementation of the PBS Competence Framework in practice, the PBS Academy has developed a set of resources suitable for the following specific groups.
- People with learning disabilities
- Family Carers
- Support Workers
- Service providers
The full PBS Competence Framework is available here.
All other resources can be found on this website.